Current job offers at GERICS
The Climate Service Center Germany (GERICS) invites applications for a Postdoctoral Researcher Position (m/f) in System Dynamics Modeling of the Water-Energy-Land-Food Nexus. The position is initially limited to 36 months. The place of employment is Hamburg.
The postdoc (m/f) will join the team of the project CLISWELN. We are looking for a system dynamics modeler interested in innovative approaches tackling the urban interconnections of climate change, natural resource planning, and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Profile of the candidate:
- extensive experience in system dynamics modeling is a must,
- good programming skills, e.g. in Python (pysd, pydstool, numpy, xarray),
- PhD preferably in economics or social sciences; candidates with MSc qualifications will be considered only after years of demonstrable experience in system dynamics,
- experience with scientific writing and presentation skills for international, interdisciplinary teamwork,
- excellent command of spoken and written English is required.
The tasks will be:
- co-development of system dynamics models and tools, with a focus on stakeholders,
- application and validation of models in an urban drought-prone case study area in south-east Spain,
- assistance to the leading PI in the management of the project and the preparation of its deliverables,
- organization of international meetings.
The project obtained a favorable report and the signature of the Consortium Agreement is expected before the interview dates.
For enquiries about the position you can contact
We offer an appropriate salary related to TV-AVH as well as the usual public sector social benefits. The advancement of equality at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht goes without saying; in particular, we are striving to increase the percentage of women in the science sector. Severely disabled persons with equal qualifications will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Please send your application indicating job offer
code-no. 2017/CS 9
preferably by e-mail to our
including a motivation letter (max. two pages), a CV (max. two pages) including names and addresses of three academic referees and three scanned diplomas relevant to the position.
Closing date for application is October, 8th, 2017.